Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Drawings of throat adapter

  1. #11
    HB Super Moderator
    Drawings of throat adapter


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Agreed ! The listing says more than 10 available with 76 sold.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Drawings of throat adapter


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Price is good though, and it's not hard to get a conical horn right.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member santhoshl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Santhoshl, This thread is 8 years old... It's best to start a new thread as most of the people probably aren't here that much anymore..

    I have them what do you need exactly ? These adapter are few and far between, and are only going to get more expensive..

    Welcome to the Altec User Board..
    Thanks for the welcome Altec Best. I have recently built a pair of Altec A7s. I shall start a new thread on that soon .

    I require the internal flare rate and distance between the 1 inch and 1.4 inch port. Yes, they are only going to get more and more expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I had posted this before, one fellow's solution-

    Eliptrac 2"-1.4"-1" Adapter

    21
    Thanks, I plan to do the same thing. Do you guys think there will be any difference in sound when the adapter made out of mdf than metal/cast iron?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Anybody got a reference on this guy? Looks homemade.

    Horn adapter Altec JBL EV Driver 1.4" to 1" | eBay
    I saw this one on the bay, however the distance between two ports is quite short compared to 21216 adapter.

  4. #14
    HB Super Moderator
    Drawings of throat adapter


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by santhoshl View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Altec Best. I have recently built a pair of Altec A7s. I shall start a new thread on that soon .
    Thanks, I plan to do the same thing. Do you guys think there will be any difference in sound when the adapter made out of mdf than metal/cast iron?
    Your Welcome ! I'm looking forward to your A7 thread.I hope you plan to post some pictures.We all Love photos here.

    I wouldn't use MDF.If you do you may need some kind of inserts as you don't want to compress MDF with the Bolts & Nuts to much as it will eventually crumble. I would explore either a Baltic Birch Ply or any void free plywood or a hardwood like Oak,Ash,or White Maple.... Or if you need a cheaper material Poplar wood.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member santhoshl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Your Welcome ! I'm looking forward to your A7 thread.I hope you plan to post some pictures.We all Love photos here.
    Sure thing, I will post pics as well.....in a day or two. I am at work now and image-hosting sites are blocked at my work place .

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    I wouldn't use MDF.If you do you may need some kind of inserts as you don't want to compress MDF with the Bolts & Nuts to much as it will eventually crumble. I would explore either a Baltic Birch Ply or any void free plywood or a hardwood like Oak,Ash,or White Maple.... Or if you need a cheaper material Poplar wood.
    Thanks for those valuable tips, I will make it out of hardwood then. I currently have a pair of 802-8gs that I am using with 811-B horns. I will be getting a pair of 805 horns and I would like to use the 802-8gs on the 805s with an adapter. I will continue to look for 288s, they are hard to come by here in India.

  6. #16
    HB Super Moderator
    Drawings of throat adapter


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    There are 4 more on eBay right now.With so many at one time now is the time to get them cheaply.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member santhoshl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    There are 4 more on eBay right now.With so many at one time now is the time to get them cheaply.
    Thanks for the pointer Altec Best, hopefully I am able to score a pair for myself .

  8. #18
    Inactive Member santhoshl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Drawings of throat adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    There are 4 more on eBay right now.With so many at one time now is the time to get them cheaply.
    Quote Originally Posted by santhoshl View Post
    Thanks for the pointer Altec Best, hopefully I am able to score a pair for myself .
    Whew!! I managed to score a pair at $40 and $51 . The last one went for $70. Thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.